App. Graphic Designer Reqd
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and design driven person with the ambition to become an amazing apprentice Graphic Designer. Connected Media have teamed up with Tech City Stars to provide an unrivalled apprentice program.
Connected Media boasts a wide span of influence in: sales, design, development and search marketing departments. It’s served by an in-house IT team who as well as keeping the business moving, also write bespoke software which puts us firmly ahead of the competition.
As a Google certified brand we can offer you the best one-to-one tutelage, in conjunction with your studies with Tech City Stars. Due to our expertise in the industry and innovative mindset we are able to offer some real responsibility and creative freedom to develop their skills in design. This is, therefore, the perfect opportunity for a budding graphic/web designer who is looking for an opportunity to develop on their raw talent and passion, to work their way up in a growing “family” like organisation. Everyone has a say and all employees can expect an environment, where someone with the aptitude and attitude to succeed can thrive.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Mainly online graphic design work, but also some print
- Servicing existing clients with new innovations and layout work
- Interpreting the client’s business needs and developing a concept to suit their purpose
- Estimating the time required to complete the work and providing quotes for clients
- Developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time
- Video editing potential (this is a growing market we are looking to develop)
- Following daily work planner to ensure that all tasks are completed in the time allocated – Personal Development Planning (PDP) – this must be kept up-to-date in order for an apprentice to excel
- Comply with company policies and procedures on Health and Safety, Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities and undertake relevant training in these areas to ensure competence and compliance.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
- Excellent work ethic
- Keen and willing to learn
- Team player
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions
- Outgoing and approachable
- Calm under pressure
- Able to sometimes take constructive criticism
- Someone who has a passion for design across a variety of media
- Willingness to learn and a passion to create pixel perfect designs
- A meticulousness for detail
- Keen interest in the web
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft Office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
- 5 GCSE’s at grade A* to C
A working knowledge of Photoshop including:
- Layer management
- Layer adjustments
- Understanding of the major tools
- Premier Pro
- After Effects a bonus (but not essential)
This is a great opportunity to learn a trade in a fantastic environment learning from industry specialists.